Visual Studio Unit Test Result To Send In Email

Mahesh Amarelia

13 May, 2020 06:50 AM

Hi Team,
I could setup my project and do the Unit Test using Visual Studio Unit Test framework. From Tests tab and giving below line in cmd as mentioned by Feodor in my previous conversation.

vstest.console /logger:Appveyor %APPVEYOR_BUILD_FOLDER%\ZimbraMAPI\x64\rtl\Util_UT.dll /Platform:x64

Now the thing is I want to send the results in email to my mail id. Is there a way to do that?

I am using /logger:Appveyor for logging onto console. How to send the test results in email and where does the result file gets copied?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 14 May, 2020 04:05 AM

Hi Mahesh,

Currently, there is no built-in solution for sending test results as attachments. Though idea is good, we should add it to TODO list.

2. 2 Posted by Mahesh Amarelia on 14 May, 2020 01:16 PM

Hi Feodor,
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just last one question.

Is it possible, if I can copy the result file by some script to send it to email? If so, can you please let me know the location where logger:Appveyor creates the result file?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 18 May, 2020 11:36 PM

AppVeyor loger does not create a result file, but sends test results directly via API. You have to provide you own test command with output file specified to achieve that.

4. 4 Posted by Mahesh Amarelia on 19 May, 2020 05:22 AM

Hi Feodor,
    Thanks for the information.
    Can you please provide me what APIs are those or any URL or link where I can find and see any example so that I can implement it?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 19 May, 2020 06:42 PM

You can actually upload test results to artifacts and then modify notification template to have links to artifacts: https://help.appveyor.com/discussions/questions/47363-link-in-notif...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac