AppVeyor - Missing path to boost test adapter

L4ZZA

30 May, 2020 10:20 PM

Hi guys I'm running boost test for a VS2019 c++ solution and I can't get my unit tests to show up in the test tab.. I'm using boost consumed through vcpkg and I can run the `tests.exe` manually through `cmd` but it won show the results.

I also navigated the little documentation and posts available and managed to find an apparent solution which is to run it through vstest.console.exe but it requires `/TestAdapter` parameter which should point to the boost test parameter. Where is the Visual Studio 2019 image storing it? I can't find anything about it in the docs.. [see the bottom of the logs for more information]

I've also read this - https://help.appveyor.com/discussions/problems/6171-vs2017-rc-tests-unstable - but I can't seem to relate my issue to it.

1. 1 Posted by L4ZZA on 30 May, 2020 10:29 PM

P.S. the markdown is not working.

2. 2 Posted by AG on 16 Oct, 2020 01:37 PM

I am in the same bucket. Did you find a solution to this? :)

3. 3 Posted by L4ZZA on 16 Oct, 2020 02:25 PM

Not the one that would like.
    At the moment I'm running the test executable expecting it to zero as exit code, but none of the tests whether succeeding or not, show up in the tab.
    Still better than no tests at all

4. 4 Posted by AG on 16 Oct, 2020 02:27 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• boost-tests-not-discovered-log.txt 107 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac