Deployment with APPVEYOR_REPO_TAG don´t work

josemrodriguez89

01 Dec, 2016 12:45 AM

I have my configuration file here https://github.com/josephrodriguez/Skyland.Pipeline/blob/master/appveyor.yml and when I create a tag git git commands: git tag -s v0.0.1.0 -m 'Release and sign version 0.0.1.0' and git push origin --tags I hope then AppVeyor build the artifact and deploy a Nuget package for master branch, but nothing happens. I read this in the log:

Discovering tests...OK
Collecting artifacts...
No artifacts found matching '**\*.nupkg' path
Uploading artifacts...
[1/1] Skyland.Pipeline.0.0.1.0.nupkg (5,753 bytes)...100%
"NuGet" deployment has been skipped as environment variable has not matched ("appveyor_repo_tag" is "false", should be "true")
"NuGet" deployment for branch "dev" has been skipped because current branch is "master"
Updating build cache...
Cache entry not found: C:\projects\skyland-pipeline\packages
Cache 'C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\NuGet\Cache' - Up to date
Build success

1. 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 01 Dec, 2016 11:10 AM

Hi Joseph,

Problem is that branch and tag conditions are mutually exclusive. This is because in case of tag, it replaces branch in webhook content and there are no practically reliable way to recognize from what branch tag was created.

In your case because you have this condition

branches:
      only:
        - master
        - dev

Your tag build did not even started. Traces you see are related to build triggered by normal change. To enable build on tags, you need to either remove this branches/only condition or add regex which will recognize your tag names. Note that regex should be surrounded by //.

The same problem you will hit with deployment. You need to create separate provider section but with only this condition:

on:
          appveyor_repo_tag: true

Finally I think that artifacts section is not needed -- build/publish_nuget does the job.

Hope this makes sense.

--ilya.

2. 2 Posted by josemrodriguez8... on 01 Dec, 2016 05:44 PM

First of all thanks for the immediacy of your response, I made all the suggestions you say without any result. I removed branches and artifacts sections, and leave a provider with only the tag condition You can inspect the updated appveyor.yml file?

3. 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 01 Dec, 2016 07:35 PM

Good! You already made few steps forward. First, tag build was triggered. Second, build reached Nuget deployment point, but did not deploy because it did not found artifacts. In your case when you have only .nupkg artifacts, you can simple remove artifact here and here and AppVeyor will just publish all .nupkg it finds in artifacts.

--ilya.

4. 4 Posted by josemrodriguez8... on 01 Dec, 2016 08:15 PM

Thanks for a!!!!ll, mainly for your time and knowledge, very grateful.

5. josemrodriguez89 closed this discussion on 01 Dec, 2016 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

27 Apr, 2021 12:06 AM
26 Apr, 2021 05:03 PM
26 Apr, 2021 06:21 AM
21 Apr, 2021 02:52 AM