MacOS roadmap

thegoddessinari

17 Feb, 2019 08:56 PM

I see from previous answers that AppVeyor was said to be rolling out MacOS images 'before the end of the year' 2018, it's now February 2019. I'd reached out on twitter but got no response, what's a reasonable timeline for expecting MacOS support?

There isn't really an alternative service to AppVeyor that has similarities regarding MacOS build artifacts, which has been a problem for my project.

1. 1 Posted by Max on 25 Apr, 2019 03:26 PM

This is also a limitation for my project. Are there any updates regarding this?

2. 2 Posted by thegoddessinari on 25 Apr, 2019 05:45 PM

For my use-case, I ended up having to switch to Azure DevOps, which is extremely awkward with GitHub, but at least has free Windows/Linux/MacOS support, and can at least be bothered responding to customers.

It was extremely new when I posted, so I didn't know about it.

I've no idea why AppVeyor has gotten so bad with dealing with customers, but this should obviously be handled better.

3. 3 Posted by Jan on 22 May, 2019 08:59 AM

Is there any update on macOS images support?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 22 May, 2019 06:18 PM

Sorry guys for the lack of response here. First of all, we are looking to support macOS in on-premise AppVeyor Server offering.

Regarding hosted environment - it's still unclear what virtualization technology could be used: VMWare, Anka or something else. At the moment we are operating Windows and Linux images in 4 different clouds. Introducing Mac cloud is not a trivial task though we don't see much interest from the customers/community in supporting Mac builds on AppVeyor :-/

Alternatively, would it work for you if you are able to connect your own Mac VM to AppVeyor and run builds there?

5. 5 Posted by thegoddessinari on 22 May, 2019 06:49 PM

Well, it's really disingenuous to say you're rolling it out, then not even tell anyone when you change your mind.

Have you actually asked your customers about MacOS support? How many are switching to Azure DevOps because of MacOS questions getting completely ignored here and on social media?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac