Does " Full control of repository hooks" grant read-write if auth_token is setup ok?

fcgleason

23 Apr, 2019 01:31 PM

In my Github Account under Appveyor CI
* Full control of repository hooks is listed. Do I need some other permission to be listed in order to push Artifacts to a new Github Release?

If so what is it?
To create a Github "Personal access token" I checked the scope "Repo" and then used the public key and Appveyor Yaml encrypt to make the encrypted security: appveyor_auth_token: xxxxx.

1. I don't know if I need to check some other "scope" in that "Personal Access Token", such as "admin:repro_hook"? Which is full repository control of repro hooks with "read repository hooks" and "write repository hooks"

As it is now, I note that the "appveyor_auth_token — repo" has never been used and I am getting this error message.

Error creating GitHub release: Provider setting not found or it's value is empty. If secure setting is used please check that value was encrypted (or YAML was exported) while being logged under correct account. Parameter name: auth_token

The artifact is created as "build\weatherfax_pi-v1.9.002-ov42-win32.exe" here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rgleason/weatherfax-pi/builds/24039...

The commit repository for this branch "deploy-windows" is here https://github.com/rgleason/weatherfax_pi/commits/deploy-windows

PS: In "deploy:" I am using APPVEYOR_REPO_TAG: true # deploy on tag push only
and have pushed a new tag to origin "v1.9.3-ov42 without first changing VERSION.make to be the same version number. Perhaps that is the problem, but I don't think so.

1. 1 Posted by fcgleason on 23 Apr, 2019 04:13 PM

After a change of VERSION.cmake and push to origin, to match the version pushed, deletion of the remote tag, and then committing the same "v1.9.3-ov42" tag again, appveyor built again and the error is identical to the one above.

2. 2 Posted by fcgleason on 23 Apr, 2019 04:44 PM

As I understand it, I am not looking for "3rd party Access" and do not need to become an "organization".

I am a single user with an opensource github repository.
    I do want to be able to push a new Tag in my Git repository, to trigger appveyor to make a new build and to copy the artifact (result) to my Git Repository, into the new Tag created.

https://github.com/settings/connections/applications/01881570529737...

What "Scopes" do I need to enable in my authorization?

3. 3 Posted by fcgleason on 23 Apr, 2019 05:27 PM

How does appveyor interact with github

Explains some of the interactions.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac