Increase deployment 20 minute timeout

Matt Jonker

04 Oct, 2019 02:26 PM

Is there anyway of increasing the 20 minute deployment timeout? Between uninstall, download, and deployment, our deployments sometimes complete and sometime don't. Deployment time is sometimes as low as 14 minutes, but sometimes also times out at 20 minutes. We're downloading a 350mb file from artifacts, which I think is a large factor is the time this is taking, as sometimes the deploy times out still downloading that file.

1. 1 Posted by Matt Jonker on 10 Oct, 2019 03:26 PM

Any feedback on this? I don't see the 20 minute time limit mentioned anywhere in the documentation, so I'm not sure if it's for any deployment, or the fact that we're using the the AppVeyor Deployment Agent.

Also, if download speed is part of our problem, this issue mentions being able to change the artifact storage to GCE, however that has to be authorized for our account: https://help.appveyor.com/discussions/problems/16166-slow-artifact-download-on-multiple-deployment-agents

Would it be possible to allow that for our account?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 10 Oct, 2019 05:45 PM

Hi Matt,

Oh, look like your original post trapped into "spam verification" queue, obviously by mistake! I'm very sorry for that delay with response and thanks for your patience!

I just increased deployment timeout for Cetani account to 60 minutes. Hope that helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac